A battle carrier has two hangar bays to launch wings of fighters and/or frigates from. In the early 25th Century, the difference between carriers and battle carriers were the superior maneuverability but weaker shielding of the latter. In 2409, the Kar'Fi-Class battle carrier was in service of the Fek'Ihri Horde and the Klingon Empire.
Heavy Escort Carrier
Heavy escort carriers were heavy escorts modified to house a single hangar bay. This carrier variant was introduced by Starfleet with the Armitage-Class heavy escort carrier in 2409. Older Starfleet heavy escort classes, such as the Akira-Class, were also capable of serving as heavy escort carriers.
- Acamarian Sovereignty
- Borg Collective, Cooperative
- Dominion, Jem'Hadar, Vorta, Founders
- Jem'Hadar super carrier•Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier •Jem'Hadar Heavy Escort Carrier
- Federation, Starfleet
- Akira-Class• Alita-Class• Armitage-Class• Atlas-Class Prototype Dreadnought Carrier •Atrox-Class• Aventine-Class Science •Galaxy X-Class Dreadnought Carrier •Jupiter-Class Dreadnought Carrier • Rademaker-Class Science •Thunderchild-Class• Vesta-Class Science •Xindi Aquatic Narcine-Class• Xindi Insectoid Olean-Class• Xindi Primate Ateleth-Class• Advanced Obelisk Carrier
- Klingon Empire
- Krenim Imperium
- Orion Syndicate
- Romulan Star Empire, Republic, TalShiar, Reman
- Terran Federation, Mirror Universe
- Akira-Class• Alita-Class•Armitage-Class•Caitian Atrox-Class•Aventine-ClassScience •Galaxy X-Class•Jupiter-Class Dreadnought Carrier • Rademaker-Class Science •Thunderchild-Class• Vesta-Class Science •Xindi Aquatic Narcine-Class• Xindi Insectoid Olean-Class• Xindi Primate Ateleth-Class• Advanced Obelisk Carrier
- Tuterian, Sphere Builders